Prioritized Daily Task
Legacy Center to exercise
Family History Center
I was up at 8 AM and had prayer. I got ready and went to the gym at the Legacy Center here in Lehi to exercise for an hour and half. I came home and had a good healthy breakfast, one egg, spinach, bell pepper, onion and tomato with toast, orange and grapefruit. After breakfast and brushing my teeth which I do morning and night after eating and sometime during the day after a meal, I went to the family history center in Lehi. It closed at 1 PM. I came home and texted Michael and Gavin. Gavin has been involved in a high school program, called Harvard Model Congres, this week where he visited some of their elected members of Congress. The had their own mock congress with other high school students where they wrote bills and then voted on the bills to see if they would become law in the bounds of their mock congress. After it was over I shared with Gavin a thought I have on Congress passing new laws, "they should introduce and bill and pass it into law, "to pass a new bill into law Congress must strike 3 laws from their books until they get the number of laws down to a reasonable number. I googled the question, "How many laws are there today?" This is the answer: "Online sources say that no one knows. The Internal Revenue Code alone, first codified in 1874, contains more than 3.4 million words and, if printed 60 lines to the page, is more than 7,500 pages long. There are about 20,000 laws just governing the use and ownership of guns. New laws mean new crimes. I also added Martin Luther King, Jr. said "morality cannot be legislated".
Joseph Smith was once asks how to you govern all these people (members of the Church)? He said I teach them correct principals and they govern themselves.
Just some of Grandpa's thoughts. Love you." I worked on organizing files and studied Hebrew. I went on line and Puzzilla software for genealogy. It is free at the Family History Center. My work stopped when I left he FHC but now I can keep going. I need to attend a workshop taught by Brother Stevens next Wednesday at 1 pm on how to better use Puzzilla software. I found a Puzzilla tutorial on line and will not have to attend the workshop next Wednesday. Another tutorial came up for instructors of Family Search. It has the same information for finding names to take to the temple and is very user friendly. The site is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPETE1XTEoo I cooked soup and made guacamole dip for dinner. I read an article in this months Ensign by President Dallin H. Oaks, The Lord Leads His Church Through Prophets and Apostles". I studied more in Hebrew. Debbie called from Jody's in Twin Falls before she went to the store with Shelby and Libby to get things for their trip tomorrow. We read scriptures and had prayer over the phone. I studied Hebrew, shined two pair of shoes and got to bed about 11:30 PM.
No comments:
Post a Comment