Sunday, November 8, 2020

8 Nov 2020, Sunday

 8 Nov 2020, Sunday

Prioritized Daily Task

5 AM Rae Lynn to the Fresno Airport to catch a flight at 7:30 to Nashville, TN.   Brett's Nursing Home Company is having their corporate meeting at the Gaylord Hotel next door to the Grand Old Opry in Nashville

7:30 AM Ride with Brett to get his truck Rae Lynn drove to the airport.  She parked in in the parking lot.  I drove it home and Brett drove to work, both of us wearing mark for protection from the Coved-19.   

12:45 AM  We had our sacrament meeting dress in our church clothes.  I prepared and blessed the Sacrament and Ethan passed it.  I taught them to be aware of the men today like Korihor in the 30th chapter of Alma in the Book of Mormon, Isaiah 22:13, and 7 teaching of Anti-Christ.  1) No man can know of anything which is to come.  2)  These things which you call prophecies which have been handed down are foolish traditions of your fathers.  3)  You cannot know of things which you cannot see.  4)  You look forward for a remission of your sins but this is the effect of a frenzied mind.  5)  Every man in this life prospers according to his genius.  6)  Every man conquers according to his strength and whatsoever a man does is no crime.  7)  When a man is dead that is the end thereof so eat drink and be merry.   There is a movie by Wild Fire, LTBL Productions, that at the beginning of the movie, "Let There Be Light" there is a debate between Dr. Sol Harkens an agnostic/atheist and Dr. Fornier a minister.  Dr. Harkens uses some of the teaching of the Anti-Christ to raise emotions and support in the audience for his teaching in his book he is promoting.  It show just how appealing the teaching of the Anti Christ are and how effectively people can be led astray.  When church started at 1:30 PM we watched their ward's sacrament meeting.  I heated up soup Rae Lynn had for us and saved some for Brett when he got home about 4:30 PM.   

7:30 PM called Debbie.  We listened to conference talk, read scriptures and had prayer together as we did this morning.  Later I had family prayer with Brett, Ethan, Luke, Owen, Brody and Weston.

I talked and face-timed Beth and children.  I talked to Matthew who was headed back home from a trip he made today north of San Marcos.  I did not get Michael but left a voice message.

No comments:

Post a Comment