Sunday, November 22, 2020

24 Nov 2020, Tuesday

 24 Nov 2020, Tuesday

Prioritized Daily Task

8 AM Legacy Center to exercisefor

10 AM Pibcoa Debbie

11 AM my Pibcoa appointment

After Debbie and I finished our Pibcoa treatments we drove to HeavenLight Fine Art Consultant at 360 E. 620 S. Suite B in American Fork, Ut 84003  (phone 800-366-2781) - We bought a wrapped The Hand of God on canvis 21 X 28 inches (total canvis 27 X 34 inches) for a Christmas present of Michael, Autumn and children.  We are supposed to pick it up on Wednesday Dec. 2nd.

11 AM Zoom marketing presentation for investors                                       or 1 PM Buy This Not That

Investment - Back in 1980, the average time a major company spent on the S&P 500 was 35 years. Today, a successful multibillion-dollar company can expect to remain the index for about 20 years or less — about half the length of time it was a few decades ago.

Technological shifts are the main reason for this growing trend.

Interestingly, it used to take Fortune 500 companies 20 years to grow into a $1 billion market value. Now it can take just a couple of years. Google hit $1 billion in eight years. Uber Technologies (UBER) and Snap Inc. (SNAP) did it in under three years.

At the same time, companies that were once household names are getting disrupted by tech upstarts and seeing their stock prices plummet 50% and higher. Case in point: Macy’s (M). In 2015, Macy’s was one of the largest, most admired retailers in the world. By 2020, the stock has plunged 90%. Over the last several years, The Gap (GPS), once an admired retailer, has closed nearly half its stores.

While brick-and-mortar stores have been struggling to get by, more than 200,000 people make $100,000 or more per year selling on Amazon. More than 23,000 people are earning $1 million or more in annual sales on Amazon’s e-commerce platform. 


Day 5 of giving thanks: I hinted of this on Sunday (Day 3), “acknowledge Him for all my blessing and challenges or opportunities to grow".   Since I learned the Lord wants me to thank Him in all things that come my way, what I think is good and also what I don’t think in anyway is good, He still wants me to thank him.  I have tried to do this.  To kneel on my knees and thank Heavenly Father when my heart was breaking and my world seemed to be coming down around me; thanking Him made me feel I was a hypocrite.  The Lord knew I did not mean it, and I knew I did not mean it; it choked me to get the words out.  My tongue did not want to say the words, but I forced myself because I knew this is what Heavenly Father wanted me to do.  In time it became easier to thank him for this challenge (opportunity).  It took years but finally the words came from my heart and I really meant them.  The darkness and doom disappeared.  My life was once again filled with light and love; joy and happiness prevailed.                                                                                         Yes, I am thankful for the challenges that come to me and to those I love.  

 (Picture is of a painting "The Hand of God" by Yongsung Kim)



No comments:

Post a Comment