Sunday, November 22, 2020

26 Nov 2020, Thursday

 26 Nov 2020, Thursday

Prioritized Daily Task

Thanksgiving Day

8:-9:00 AM  5K Turkey Trott-depends on weather -all those who want to participate-I will be walking

if anyone wants to join. Meet at Laura Gourley's.

Football games:

Flag Football in morning or afternoon

What teams are playing on Thanksgiving 2020?

2:PM Dinner/dessert at Laura and George's

3:00 PM - Games and crafts for children

Board games and football games

Make gingerbread houses, movie and games.  Debbie had gifts for each family and made a genealogy presentation showing two distant 10 and 12 generation male family members on the Mayflower and the 10 generation, William Bradford, was the governor during the first Thanksgiving.
Debbie and I spent thanksgiving at Laura and George's with Jodi, Tony, Patrick, Anndalyn, Jared, Jami, Stephanie, Ryan and their children.




Elain and Eric went to see Ernie at the nursing home's rehab center in L.A., CA

Ernie's nursing home, rehab center, is in a complete lockdown because  of the Coronavirus but wanted Elain and Eric to come and see him because; he said this would be his last Thanksgiving.


Ryan, Stephanie and the boys spent the night with us.

“Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.”

THEODORE ROOSEVELT


Day 7 - Giving Thanks:  Day Seven reminds me of the original sabbath day and the promises for keeping it holy.  Whether we celebrate the Lord's day on the first day of the week or the last day, I do not think it matters as long as we do it with the intent of honoring Him, our creator.   I want to express my thanks for this extra Sabbath Day of rest; a day to contemplate all my blessings.  

The first Thanksgiving in America started a tradition that has continued which I am thankful for.  My heart is filled with gratitude for those men and women who sacrificed, so my family and all who live benefit  from the fruits of their lives.

The pictures I have posted with each of the 6 days of thanks, with todays, says more than a thousand words could say.

 
                             
                                                                     







                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment