Prioritized Daily Task
2:00 AM Zoom meeting with the Novi Sad Branch in Serbia https://us02web.zoom.us/j/
12:00 Noon - Zoom Church home meeting, Michael in charge
1:30 PM Sacrament meeting at home with Alex, Samantha, Clara and Allison Gourley, Tate Hobbs, Debbie and me
5:00 PM Dinner with Patrick, Anndalyn, Jared, Jami, Laura and the children; everyone except George who is in the hospital
6:00 PM Hebrew class lesson
I showered, shave, dressed in white shirt and tie and stayed up last night and at 2 AM joined the Mission President of the Adriatic North Mission, President and Sister Melonakos and members of the church in Serbia. President Goran translated English and Srpski for everyone. He was a counselor in the mission presidency and and District President in Croatia when Debbie and I were on our mission. Mirko and Ljubica Jelicic in Novi Sad were on the meeting. Aleksandar Zardic from Cacak was there; President Miso Vasica and several of his younger children from Belgrade. Brother Borkoborac and his Filipino, wife, Gracey, from Belgrade were on the zoom meeting. Brother Borkoborac was the translator Debbie and I took to Budapest capital of Hungary for an area meeting with the Area Presidency and the GPS in the mission car got us lost and we were an hour and half late for the meeting; Bane, a young man, and his mother, also a young daughter and her mother, Boris B. Dejan Vladcic, Tarzan Adzovic, TatbRha, Vera Putnikovic and Aleksandar Jarnajru. There were some of the missionaries and other members. Most I did not know. President Melonakos and my friends made me feel welcome and wanted to know about Debbie. I told them about George, our son-in-law being in the hospital with surgery. Debbie is us very early every morning and does not get to bed until late. This church service will not be over until 3 AM MST and it is too much for her and keep up with cooking and caring for grand children. President and Sister Melanokos led a discussion on 2 Nephi chapter 5; 7 things that can and will lead to happiness. When the meeting ended I put a note over the camera on my computer that read,"GOD LOVES ALL OF YOU AND SO DO THE MCALPINS".
At 11:00 AM PST
(12:00 noon here in Lehi) we (Debbie and me, Samantha, Alex, Clara, Allison, Tylee and
Tate) had a zoom meeting with Michael, Autumn, Gavin, Blake, Gracey and Chase
in San Clemente, Sister Alexandra McAlpin and Sister Rigby, Matthew, Melodie,
Madeline, Bella and Ava, Beth, Tucker and Maggie (Andrew was playing and being
entertained with some of his toys), Rae Lynn, Brett, Ethan, Luke, Owen, Brody
and Weston. Laura went to the hospital early this morning to be with
George. They went going down his throat, into his stomach and into his
intestines to get the last stone. Autumn, Chase and Michael taught the
lesson and geared it to the children. Autumn read the story and showed
pictures of the Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. The children were asked
questions and there was a good exchange with them.
At 1:30 PM MST we had our sacrament meeting with Alex and me
administering the Sacrament to everyone, Debbie, Samantha, Clara, Allison, Tylee and
Tate including us. Afterwards the children watched a church movie, Samantha
helped Debbie with dinner and I wrote Sister Alexandra McAlpin a letter and
thanked her for including Grandma Debbie in her and her companion, Sister
Rigby's work with Chase. This is a copy of the email and the East Idaho
News story about a restaurant closing in Rigby, Idaho where Sister Rigby's
family is from. “The Lord is truly blessing you. I
appreciate you including Grandma Debbie and me in your work with
Chase.
I was
writing or putting some notes in my journal. There is a story in the
local news paper that will not make the national news but it is honest and
straight forward. It does not speak highly of some of the young people
even in a strong LDS (Church) community.
If it is bad
there, it is even more so in our cities. It was not good when your
parents were growing up, compared to what it was when I was young, but nothing
like what it is today.
What all
of this means is we have to be even more committed to living the principals of
the gospel and being an example to those around us.
We love
you,
Grandpa
and Grandma Debbie
Attachment: Direction a small rural community in America is
going – the direction is more predominant in cities
RIGBY — An
iconic local restaurant has closed its doors forever after decades in operation.
Me’n Stans
closed for the final time Sunday just before 4 p.m. when employees at the
business were notified and given their final checks.
“It’s just
time. I have been at this for over 60 years,” Stan Colborn, owner of Me’n Stans
told EastIdahoNews.com, after locking the doors Sunday. “I’m 82 years old. I’m
ready to sit down.”
Colborn says a
large part of his decision to toss in the towel is society.
“When I first
started in the restaurant business, I had people who not only needed a job,
they wanted a job, they came to work to work. Now, the work ethic is gone,
people don’t know how to take out the trash, they come to work and sit.”
Colborn said
he has seen the steady decline in work ethic among today’s youth and it
disappoints him.
“I really just
can’t afford it anymore. It’s gotten so much worse in the last few years,”
Colborn said. “I used to have a sense of pride, putting people to work, helping
feed their families. Now people walk out on me, collect unemployment and I see
them drive through town in a nicer car than I could ever afford. All of that is
gone now. I just can’t afford it.”
Colborn talked
highly of his more focused employees.
The building
that Me’n Stans has resided in since 1985 at West Main Street and North State
Street has been for sale for a couple months.
Now, Colborn
says he plans to gut the restaurant and auction off a number of the antiques
inside.
“It might take
us a few weeks to get it all together,” Colborn says. “I don’t plan on moving
fast, but we’ll get it all together and auction it off.”’
4:15 PM - Patrick, Anndalyn, Camden, Ellie, Audrey, Braddock and Ocie came over; Laura got home from the hospital visiting with George, her husband before Jared, Jami, Porter, Max and Jack came. We had a very nice meal about 5:30 PM.
6:00 PM Hebrew language class, Lesson 13 (an appendix to Lesson 12)
Children all played and adults visited until about 9 PM when Patrick and Jared family went home with the children. Laura and Sam are still at the hospital visiting George.
No comments:
Post a Comment