Prioritized Daily Task
Ocie Hobbs' 4th Birthday
I texted Anndalyn and Patrick and asked them to tell Ocie happy 4th birthday and give her a big hug and kiss from her grandmother and me.
I have not got the response from all the mothers I sent the Mother's Day tribute to. Debbie McAlpin, Beth Davis, Autumn McAlpin, Ora Truitt, Susan Robinson, Laura Gourley, Jami Hobbs, Anndalyn Hobbs, Jane Shealy Chandler, Melodie, Lani Lively, Rae Lynn, Ljubica Jelicic. It may be that some of the others have not opened their email yet.
I was up early and after having my personal prayer, prayer with Debbie and studying scriptures I drove over to Jalna's a little after 8 AM and started taking the nails out of the wood frame that the fiberglass roof was nailed to. Debbie came over later and brought breakfast. We ate together and I finished the job. Debbie started scrapping and painting the patio furniture. While I was pulling the nails from the framing I was standing on a ladder. The hammer slipped and I hit the end of my thumb. What came out of my mouth was, "oh my goodness, that hurt". Later I remembered what I wrote in my journal on Wednesday, January 1st, of this year, that I was going to practice spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical well-being. "... the me analogy of getting bumped and spilling a cup of chocolate; what come out - compare to someone bumping you emotionally, what comes out anger and unkind words or patience, kindness and love? What is inside is what comes out. There has been a time when something else besides, oh, that hurt, would have spilled out of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment