Prioritized Daily Task
12 noon Container Store opens and Debbie takes items to Jodi in to Twin Falls
More on China's One Child Nation policy (forced abortion and US chooses to abort)
Missionaries in Twin Falls in lock-down
"DO NOT BE AFRAID OF WORK THAT HAS NO END" quote in Avot de Rabbi Natan, ancient Jewish text
I slept in, had my personal prayer, Debbie talked to Jodi and is taking things she ordered in Salt Lake up to her in Twin Falls today. Elder Cooper is in lock-down in Argentina. Elder Cache is being sent home early. We still have not heard about Sister Alexandra McAlpin. We have been told she will not be going to Tahiti in French Polynesia. Debbie and I had prayer together and studied about the original 12 apostles in the Meridian of Time and the first 12 apostles called in the Dispensation of Time. We had oatmeal, toast and fruit for breakfast. I got the first part of my journal for this year January 1st through March 19th, 2020 in a form I can have printed. I will try and keep the pages in this journal in print form with pictures so at the end of the year it will not be such a hassle as in the past trying to get 12 months ready to be printed. I hear from Phil Davis at Alphagraphic yesterday and he will have 2019 journal ready to be printed by next week. Debbie left about noon to drive up to the Container store in Salt Lake City and pick up some shelving etc. Jodi ordered shelving for the girls, Shelby and Libby's, room. They will be moving back upstairs out of the boys, Cache and Cooper's, room. Elder Cache Traveller gets back home probably next Tuesday or Wednesday and will have be quarantined in the house for two weeks to make sure he does not have the coronavirus. To get back home in Twin Falls from Ghana he will have 6 changes of flights. It will probably be the same for Elder Cooper Traveler who is in Argentina. I did some push-ups and walked around the neighborhood. Some thought about the documentary Debbie and I watched last night about the One Child Nation Policy of China. James Morris and I were in Beijing with Bill Galloway in 1992 (I think) not long after this program was started. We were trying to bring registered nurses from China and get them certified to work in the USA. It was more difficult working with the the US Government and nurses association than it was with the Chinese Government. We had no idea pregnant mothers were forced to abort their baby if they already had a child. The fetus, mostly girls, were put in plastic bags marked human waste and taken to the garbage dumps. This was very difficult program for the people of China to accept but they were forced or have they home destroyed and put on the street. If a second child did manage to escape at birth and the neighbors learned of a second child, they reported it. The authorities from the government would come and take the child. Later on the government learned they could sell the babies or small children to families around the word for adoption. Meli Fong, a newspaper reporter who was forced out of the country, wrote, "Now China has 30 million more men than women, 30 million bachelors who cannot find brides. ... They call them guang guan, 'broken branches,' that's the name in Chinese. They are the biological dead ends of their family. In the United States of America the abortion situation was reversed. Most of the mothers in America did not want their babies to live, while in China most of the mothers did not want to loose their babies. Both were what the Devil was pleased with. As I was studying Hebrew today a video came up on Charity Water, this commercial by Scott Harrison about Charity Water. I was not familiar with this charity. This is the on line address to their stories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5a8KtUE1S4 and
There are a lot of good ideas Scott has implemented such as
locals have responsibility for the projects and maintaining them, a continuous 24
hour monitoring of the projects that are available to those who have donated
and a big thing for me was, he addresses the challenge many people have about
donating to charities because they do not trust them. Charity Water gives 100% of fund donated directly to help the people in
need, there is no overhead or administrative fees taken out.
Debbie called when she had picked up Jodi's supplies at the Container store and was on the road to Twin Falls. She called again when she arrived about 4:15 PM.I saw this quote today that has cause me to reflect on what I have said in the past about having to do the same job over and over again, such as milking the cows when I was a boy, mowing the grass and pruning trees as I got older; work that has no end has been a challenge for me to enjoy. I have said, I do not mind doing something once but having to come back and do it over and over again; I really have not cared for in the past. After reading this quote and thinking about the eternities that lie ahead, I have reconsidered and now will enjoy work that never ends. The quote is from an ancient Jewish text, Avot de Rabbi Natan, "Do Not Be Afraid of Work That Never Ends". Later Debbie and I had prayer together. She had to go out to the car and call so we would not be disturbed. It was around midnight before I got to bed.
I received this email today from the First Presidency and 12 Apostles regarding missionaries:
| Dear Brothers and Sisters, |
| We take very seriously the health and safety of our missionaries and of those they teach. The rapidly developing travel advisories and restrictions that are emerging around the world present significant logistical and other challenges. Therefore, the following temporary adjustments are being made: |
|
| As we evaluate changing conditions, further necessary adjustments will be made. |
| We love and pray for our missionaries and their families. We are grateful for the continued prayers and support of parents, loved ones, and Church members as we make every effort to help them remain safe and well in these challenging times. |
| Sincerely, |
| The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles |
No comments:
Post a Comment