Saturday, March 14, 2020

17 Mar 2020, Tuesday

17 Mar 2020, Tuesday
Prioritized Daily Task 
6 PM missionaries coming to house

Slept in, had prayer, and had prayer with Debbie and read D&C section 17 about the 3 witnesses to the Book of Mormon.  Debbie make pumpkin cookies to put with the care package we are sending her today.  I studied Hebrew.  When we woke this morning I was thinking today is the 19th of March.  I called Michael and got his answering machine; Debbie and I sang happy 44th birthday to him.  I called back a few minutes lather when we realized today is the 17th and told him Debbie and I wanted to be the first to wish him a happy birthday.  Debbie and I had breakfast and worked in the yard and trimmed the shrubs.  Later I went to Fed-Ex and sent a package to Sister Alexandra McAlpin.  I also went to Home Depot and returned the mildew killer.   I need moss killer but they did not have any in stock.  I went to the Garden Center and Lowe's, neither had any in stock.  I went back to Home Depot and ordered some to be sent to the house because I had store credit.  I came home and Debbie fixed lunch.  I worked on Hebrew but I am having a problem retaining what I have learned.  I got an email today from Daniel Rona, who was our tour guide in Israel and sends supplements to our weekly "Come Follow Me" reading in the scriptures.   Part of what he sent today I copied and pasted below.
 "There is something in man, an essential part of his mind, which recalls the events of the past . . . May I say to you that in reality a man cannot forget anything? He may have a lapse of memory; he may not be able to recall at the moment a thing that he knows, or words that he has spoken; he may not have the power at his will to call up these events and words; but let God Almighty touch the mainspring of the memory, and awaken recollection, and you will find then that you have not even forgotten a single idle word that you have spoken." (Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, Page 311)
 After lunch I continued to work on Hebrew.  Beth sent me a voice mail from Jennifer at Garden Lakes Realty in Rome.  They are property managers for the Brookstone Duplexes, 20 and 22.  There is mildew.  We got some work done today in the food storage under the house and in the closet and in the yard outside.  I worked on Hebrew and watched a little TV with Debbie.  We read scriptures and had prayer before going to bed before 11 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment