Sunday, April 19, 2020

21 Apr 2020, Tuesday

21 Apr 2020, Tuesday
Prioritized Daily Task 
12:30 PM pick up face masks material at Deseret Industries 435 N. Wall Ave., Harrisville, UT

I received an offer to purchase my partner's widows interest in the three nursing home, Friendship, Gateway and Floyd, in Georgia.  Below is the offer and my response.
James Morris
10:40 AM (4 hours ago)
to Andy, me
Andy & Len:

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.  Hopefully things are winding down and we will be back to some semblance of normal soon.

I wanted to address this to both of you to kind of speed things along.  We approached you back around Christmas about buying Mom and Nancy out of the nursing homes.  We understand that it takes time to get financing lined up and so forth, but it has been over 5 months now.  The lease for Friendship will be up for renewal at the end of May and that needs to be extended if we can’t reach an agreement.

We would rather see you retain the ownership and operation of the homes.  It would be better for the staff, residents, and everyone involved if there was not someone different changing things around.  To that end; here is what we propose:  You (either separately or combined) will pay us 80% of the last appraised values of the homes and the 17 acres attached to Friendship.  That will give you the homes and properties.  The numbers for this are:

Friendship    Appraised = $3,300,000    80% = $2,640,000

Gateway       Appraised = $2,900,000    80% = $1,933,334

Chulio            Appraised = $4,600,000    80% =$3,066,666

17 Acres        Appraised = $177,320       80% = $141,856
                                                                                         _________

                                                                                         $7,781,856

These numbers are if the current debt ($993,4546 on Chulio and $152,123 on Gateway) is assumed by the purchaser.  The simplest purchase is for Len to buy out the 2/3 of A&M  and Andy to purchase Friendship.  As I stated earlier, this purchase can be done however the two of you wish.  However you want to work it out is fine.  The important thing here is that one, or both of you can give us an answer on whether or not you find this offer feasible or if you have no interest in it by May 5.  That way we can still deal with the lease extension if we need to.  Let me know if you need any other numbers to reach your decision and I will try to get them to you as soon as possible.  

Stay safe and just let us know.  Thanks.
 
Jimmy

Dear Jimmy,
Thanks for your email and the proposal from your Mom and Nancy. 
The only interest I have in the homes is as a source of rental income. 
We have almost completed the new building that will replace Cedartown Cason Road facility. 
The three nursing homes, Friendship, Gateway and Floyd Chulio Hills need to be rebuilt in the order I listed.   I have Cedartown Cason Road facility paid for with no debt and the construction cost will be able to be paid by the lease payments.
Taking on the debt necessary to pay your mother and Nancy the price they are asking makes it unreasonable for an operator to pay enough on a lease to cover a mortgage payment (purchase price + new construction).
I am copying Andy on this email. I think it is a fair that he have an opportunity to purchase your Mon and Nancy’s interest in the nursing homes.
I wish you and your family the best.

Len


No comments:

Post a Comment