12 Jul 2020, Sunday
Prioritized Daily Task
Church at 12 noon; Rae Lynn and Brett are supposed to be in charge but are traveling up to Shelly, Idaho and are on the road with no Wi-Fi avilable to broadcast continuous. I talked to them before they got to Idaho. Rae Lynn had Owen and Brody and Brett had Ethan, Luke and Weston with the dirt bikes in his pickup truck.
Michael and Autumn hosted church services and all their family participated. We were all on Zoom except Rae Lynn and her family. After church we visited for about 45 minutes. Michael, Autumn, Gavin, Blake and Gracey will we at the cabin Tuesday night and Wednesday this week and part of Thursday.
Debbie made corn-beef for dinner.
The grand-daughters started coming about 7:30 PM. Laura brought her daughters Clara, Allison, and her nieces, Ellie, Kylie and Abby. Tylee came over but Debbie has to take her in the morning to her cheer leading practice. Samantha got her late and then we put the girls to bed.
I talked to Jonathan Hibbert who is in the hospital with the corona 19 virus. He may be discharged this week. His wife Lara is just about over it. I talked to Jonathan's dad, Charlie. He has married after Margaret, his wife died about 7 or 8 years ago. He re-married again. Her name is Shirley and in August they will have been married 6 years, the same as Debbie and I next Sunday.
I talked to Ora and Dan this evening. They are doing well.
I talked to Michael last week and plan to meet with him this week while he is in Utah. This is a copy of the email I sent to him this evening.
This is one of the two items I want to talk with you about when we meet this week and get your thoughts
Len McAlpin <lenmcalpin@gmail.com> |
| 10:25 PM (0 minutes ago)
| | |
|
For people living in ancient times, there was little noticeable change in
the way they lived if any from generation to generation.
But by 1,000 A.D., technological progress was much faster—a
technological paradigm shift required only a century or two.
By the start of 1830, we saw more technological advances in the next
100 years than in the nine centuries that preceded it!
Today, technological paradigm shifts occur every few years and the over-all rate of technical progress is doubling approximately every decade
What’s interesting is that it’s not just the actual technology that in-
creases exponentially in speed, power, and sophistication, but also the
adoption of technology that increases exponentially.
The rate at which people begin using new technologies increases
exponentially also.
Technology enables companies to grow more quickly than ever before.
But it also explains what is becoming a huge problem in our society. Theacceleration of our technological progress allows companies to operate
with just a fraction of the number of employees businesses used to re-
quire.
In 1964, AT&T had more than 750,000 employees but in 2017, Google
was a bigger and far richer company than AT&T with 92% fewer
employees.
I have attached a video I got from Uncle Dan. It follows the line of
thinking, of one of the two items, I want to talk to you about when the
two of us meet this week.
Attached: video, "What would Henry Ford Think"
No comments:
Post a Comment