Prioritized Daily Task
Call Autumn about the deliveries for the cabin made to us here in Lehi the electrician will install
11 AM Celebrate Autrey Hobb's 10th birthday, taking him to Cafe-Rio
Drive to St. George and watch Ryan and Anndalyn's children until Friday
I took pictures of all the deliveries for the cabin's lighting that has arrived and sent them to Autumn.
Email to Sister Alexandra McAlpin
Dear Sister McAlpin,
We hope this email finds you well and happy. I have been helping get the condo my family has in Island Park, Idaho, redone because of a water leak and your grandpa has been helping get the cabin redone by bringing items sent to us to renovate the cabin and busting up the cement slab the air conditioner was on to replace because it was not level.
I read this and thought I would share it with you.
"If you're like me, sometimes you feel weary in well-doing. Ant with all the recent tumult, contention, and chaos, sometimes I want to just stay in bed and pull the covers over my head. The world's problems are just too big, too complex. I'm just one person. What can I do?
But then I think of these men and those men and women who came before me who gave their all to build up the kingdom...I remember that I'm not alone in this. Unseen angels cheer me on. Many of my fellow saints labor alongside me. Most importantly, I know the Savior himself is at the helm of this great work, leading me along.
So to you I say, be not weary in well-doing. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
I read this from President Nelson. "I wake up every morning eager for the adventures of the day. And I hope you feel that same exuberance for the gift of life. Though our world is filled with serious challenges, I am optimistic about the future and confident about the fundamental goodness of humankind.
Here is another item I read...
"Though I definitely don't do it enough, sometimes I make time to sit in silence and think. It's funny how loud the silence can be at times...speaking wisdom to a listening mind. As I watched the sunrise this morning a scripture in Proverbs came to mind, "Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established."
As I pondered the path of my life, and the "ways" of that path, I couldn't help but smile. My paths not been easy, most of ours aren't, but I can see the beauty in each struggled step...and I wouldn't change a thing.
As if in answer to my pondering, I saw a fly...blocked by the glass of the window (I had the window open just a crack, to enjoy the morning air)...trying to fly free. I couldn't help but connect the parallels to our life's. How often, as this fly, with a specific goal in mind do we seee our desired destination...only to be prevented by a seemingly invisible barrier from reaching it. Blocked from moving forward, we continue to bump up against the forces of "not yet" and "maybe next time."
Frustrated and physically/emotionally spent, we may fold our wings in and just give up. However the flight I watched this morning, did just the opposite. It kept flying! Bumping this way, and then bumping that way, it kept searching for an opening. I found myself inwardly cheering it on..."You're almost there! Just a little to the right. You can do this!" With continued persistence it discovered the opening and, no longer blocked in its path forward, I watched it fly into the distant horizon of the rising sun.
I can only imagine the "silent cheering" God I doing for each of us who find ourselves frustrated in our path forward. How tempted is He to intervene...to remove the barriers standing in our way...? But the very essence of His Godhood stays His Hand...for He didn't create this world to give simple challenges for easy winners, but rather He provides endless opportunities for enduring sinners.
So Alex, I know the work you are doing is bringing the joy of the gospel to those who have opportunities and struggle with every step. I love President Nelsen's positive attitude toward each new day of challenges and adventure. I know that this is the Lord's work and He is guiding you and leading you to those who need the joy of the gospel in their lives.
Continue listening to the Holy Spirit. Study and follow Him. Be bold as you gather Israel. We love you and pray for you morning and night.
Love,
Debbie and Grandpa
I called and talked to Bobby Husley and got Hoyt "Dickie" Puckett, an old friend of mine since we were young boys. His dad and brothers worked for my dad on the farm.
He is not in great health but still takes care of his wife who has Alzheimers. (phone number 678-907-6855.
Bobby is going to check if he can find someone to keep the William Alexander McAlpin graveyard cleaned off each year so is does not grow up and get out of control.
I talked to Tamra, Mike and Edna Travis Walker's daughter. She lives in eastern Idaho.
No comments:
Post a Comment