Tuesday, June 16, 2020

20 Jun 2020, Saturday

20 Jun 2020, Saturday
Prioritized Daily Task
Home Depot delivers and installs electric double oven at cabin in Heber

Mike Conner came out and moved the A/C unit off the concrete slab. He will not break up the slab.  I have to breakup the concrete slab that has been  tilting so the A/C unit is sitting on.  The pictures below shows the 3 pieces of rebar protruding from the slab and attached when poured to the foundation wall.  When the ground settled and rodents burrowed under the slab causing it to tilt.  I broke the slab loose causing 3 chipped holes in the foundation.  On this project I used sledge hammers, drilled 3 holes and used a concrete saw blade in my skill saw.  With a 3/4 concrete punch I finally got one hole completely through and could put a chain around on the under side of the slab.  Then I was able to use the 6 foot iron bar that was used by rail road crews to lay track and a fulcrum to get on end the slab up high enough.   There is about 1/3 of a cubic yard concrete in the slab and it weights a little over 1,200 pounds.  I drove Michael's Land Rover up from Lehi.  It has no trailer hitch and I only weight about 185 pounds, no match for gravity and flipping the slab.  I went down to my sister, Elain's cabin, and got Doug White to come up with Uncle Ernie's jeep that Doug got running. Using a chain wrapped abound the iron punch that was through the concrete slab and the other end of the chain on the trailer hitch, the Jeep in 4 wheel drive flipped the slab.  Then was able to break it into 4 separate pieces that can be carried off.









Blake came through surgery fine and will be in the hospital and on a liquid diet for a a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment